Skip to main content

How to Relax

The dreaded finals week is upon us! You know what this means: staying up late to catch up on work and trying not to fall asleep in your early classes. Keeping up with all the deadlines coming up, while trying to keep a positive attitude so that you can fool yourself into believing that you can get through this. It sucks. But here's what I found. The more you stress yourself out by not relaxing or not sleeping, the worse your results will be. If you don't relax, you won't be putting your best foot forward. And I look for pretty much any excuse to relax, so here's what I do when I get stressed:

1. Eat! Eating distracts me somehow because all of a sudden this food is the most important thing in the world. I start to realize how hungry I've been this whole time and give myself a break as I find something to eat around the house.

2. Sleep. The most important thing to remember is that your brain will not function if it doesn't get rest. You won't be wasting time if you take a nap or anything, because the alternative is freaking out about all the work you have to do, and having no idea on how to go about doing all that work. Stressing yourself out won't help. Go to sleep, figure it out later.

3. Laugh! Laughter is the best medicine! It can relax you long enough for you to come up with a schedule for yourself. Plus it's fun. Recently my sister got me into vines, and I have formed a habit of finding short vine compilations on YouTube so I can give myself a break and laugh for a while. It helps me a lot, I got through my last badge with this relaxation method. Find out what makes you laugh, and focus on that for a while instead of your assignments.

Hope my weird tips help!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough Bread Journey

 I've always been interested in baking bread and I recently took on the endeavour of baking sourdough. Immediately, I started to hear how difficult sourdough bread is to bake due to the the time consuming aspect of baking the bread properly. Even before this journey, I knew that bread-bakers always attributed sourdough to a very difficult bread. So, I started this journey with my guard up, expecting to make many mistakes that would result in uneatable bread.  Guess what. They lied.  I'm not saying it was incredibly easy, there are plenty of lessons I've learned through my mistakes. But those mistakes do not mark a difficulty for me, they mark my accomplishments. I've made mistakes I never thought I could make through my journey of baking sourdough, but they taught me valuable lessons and I don't regret a single mistake I made.  I decided to dust off my blog after taking to a friend about sourdough, and all she had heard about it was that it was the most difficult th...

Watching the March For Our Lives

I woke up today, turned on the T.V., flipped the channel to MSNBC, and didn't turn it off until 2:30 which is when I went down to Olde Town Square to participate in Fort Collin's march. The speeches I saw were so amazing and moving; my mother sister and I watched and cried together as the march went on. I loved the fact that only the kids spoke today--no adults! What an amazing sight! This truly is the future generation's revolution. This also meant that people couldn't say that because a Democrat spoke at the march, it was a political thing. This is a life vs. death thing. I am mainly writing today because I wanted to talk about what my mom said while we were watching the march. She said that when she was younger, she used to have the fire that these kids have. She used to fight for people who couldn't fight for themselves, she used to shout when she saw injustice, and that's the reason she became a teacher. She wanted to bring that fire to the future gener...

#NeverAgain

America is all too familiar with school shootings. So many shootings aren't even covered by the media because Trump's tweets are way more important. It's always the same routine; after a shooting, the White House will offer their "thoughts and prayers", and say it's too early to talk about gun laws. Then, after a few weeks our representatives will try to start a conversation about gun laws, but since there are too many disagreements the conversation is brought to an end until the next shooting. Then the cycle starts over again. But this time, there is something different. The Parkland school shooting survivors are not satisfied with the White House's "thoughts and prayers", and are demanding change!  I am deeply saddened by the school shooting in Florida and disappointed in our representatives for saying there was nothing they can do to prevent this. Ok--let's break down that argument, shall we? The claim that nothing could have been done ...